Policy Key Definitions:
- “I”, “Our”, “Us”, or “We” refer to the business, Micro Technology Consultants.
- “You” or “The User” refer to the person(s) using this website.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Regulations.
- PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulations.
- ICO means Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Cookies mean small files stored on a user’s computer or device.
Information We Collect
In running and maintaining our website, we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information regarding your activity whilst visiting our website, such as pages viewed and the resources you access.
- This data includes traffic data, location data and other communication data
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For instance, when you register your interest, make an enquiry, or enter into a contract with us.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
Processing of Your Personal Data
Under GDPR, we control and / or process any personal information about you electronically using the following lawful bases.
Consent is used when you have notified us that you have opted in to receiving communications from us. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Responding to our GDPR email consent campaign,
- Registering your consent on our website or
- Consenting during our contract with you.
MTC maintains a record of consent on an electronic cloud-based database which is password protected and only available to relevant staff members. The data will only be used for the purposes to which you consented.
We will continue to process your information under this basis until you withdraw consent or it is determined your consent no longer exists.
If you enter into a contract with MTC, we will collect and store any and all data provided to us by you. This will also include data regarding the services you wish us to provide to you. As part of the enquiry process, your details will be entered into our electronic database and made available only to relevant staff. All data relating to the provision of products/services will be made available company wide.
Your data will continue to be processed for product warranty and dispute purposes. We may dispose of personally identifiable data when the contract between us ends or is terminated under any contract terms.
MTC will employ this legal basis in the following circumstances:
- To get in contact to provide you with information relating to our other products and services that may be of interest to you based on our previous dealings with you.
- To inform you of any changes to our website, services or products.
Data will be held in a secure electronic database and used solely for the purposes outlined above. Your data will be processed until such times as you make us aware you no longer wish us to contact you.
If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall cease processing your information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
If we ask you to provide data to comply with a legal requirement, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information). Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interest which are not already described in this notice, we will make it clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
Storing of Your Personal Data
MTC follows industry best practices to protect personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorised access or disclosure. These steps take into account the sensitivity of the data we collect, use, process and store, and the current state of technology.
At times, it may become necessary to transfer data we collect from you to locations out with the European Union for processing and storing. An example of this is our email marketing platform MailChimp, which stores data in the USA. MailChimp have security measures in place to protect any data stored with them. By providing your data to us, you agree to this transfer and this method of storing and processing. MTC will do our utmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to ensure your data is stored securely.
The sending of information via the internet is not always secure, and on occasion such information can be intercepted and used for purposes other than which it is intended. MTC cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically, sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
Your Individual Rights
Under the GDPR, your rights are as follows:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- The right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on your computer’s hard drive. The data gathered by cookies will not provide us with any personally identifiable information, it is simply providing us with statistical information.
Cookies that we use are:
- Google analytics
Email Marketing & Subscription
As per the GDPR guidelines, we use the consent legal basis for anyone wishing to subscribe to our marketing mailing list. Any email marketing messages we send are facilitated by MailChimp as mentioned previously.
Our email marketing messages may contain tracking beacons / tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of data such as: times, dates, I.P addresses, opens, clicks, forwards, geographic and demographic data. Such data, within its limitations will show the activity each subscriber made for that email campaign.
Any email marketing messages we send are in accordance with GDPR and PECR. We provide you with an easy method to withdraw your consent (unsubscribe) or manage your preferences / the information we hold about you at any time. Our marketing messages will always contain instructions on how to unsubscribe or manage your preferences.
MTC uses MailChimp for all marketing emails. Where available, we hold the following information about you within our MailChimp account:
- Full Name
- Email Address
- Subscription time & date
- Company Name
Disclosing Your Information
- Where we are legally required to disclose your personal information
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud
- In the event that we sell the business to the buyer
Access to Information
To make a request to have any data we hold about you returned, removed, or to make additional corrections, please contact us using the details available on the Contact Us page. Requests to access, correct, or remove your information will be handled within thirty (30) days. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity before complying with the request.